View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Can someone explain what the PPA wants? and why

I've been somewhat out of the loop recently, and I've just dont reading to catch up, but I'm very confused by the PPA.

It is called the Poker Player's Alliance, and has some very vague goals and mission statement on its website.

But it never states anything specific whatsoever as to what it wants to achieve.

So I looked at the About Us page, where the Board of Directors is listed, and this is where I'm confused; no one on that board derives their income from playing online poker.

In fact, the vast majority profit directly or indirectly from online poker players.

The placement of Howard Lederrer, Chris Ferguson, and Greg Raymer as well as the freerolls for "joining" the PPA hosted by Pokerstars and FTP leads one to assume that the vast majority of the funding for the PPA comes directly from poker sites.

So, while online poker players and online poker sites have some common goals, can someone explain to me why I should believe that the PPA has my best inerests as a poker player in mind?

Because to me, this looks exactly like a lobby for online poker organizations masquerading as a "poker players' alliance."

(i apologize in advance if anything i said is incorrect. i'm genuinely interested in learning more about this.")