View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: A Big Disappointment

[ QUOTE ]
Saw it this afternoon. It was Fargo redone in Texas without the novelty. Same story. I liked Fargo a lot. This was boring. Bardem was like watching a robot. Brolin was good, following up on another good performance in American Gangster. The last hour was just slow and dull. The only time there was any interest on screen, for me, was when Tommy Lee Jones was there. And I didn't understand the last scene, nor the next to last scene.

Maybe I just don't get it. And, I have to admit, I don't understand what the movie was about, what purpose there was for making it. Woody Harrelson was just plain awful, and I didn't understand why he was even in the movie.

What am I missing, guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow andy, it is impressive how similar our thoughts are in movies. i thought pretty much exact same thing. i do think the movie was very well done though, after reading the IMDB message board and hearing some people explain some more what they thought the movie was about i also enjoyed the movie more looking back on it.

question - what is the deal with the coin, specifically the evil guy says a line "this coin has traveled for 22 years always to be with me here" a couple of times, what does that mean?