View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s NFC Rankings (Week 10)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't take what I said too far. I said a blowout win over a bad team is better than a close win over a better team, not a close win over perhaps the best team of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then. It is better for Sea to beat Pit by 3 than for them to blowout Mia, I am pretty sure if you went into a Sea locker room after a 3 point win against a top tier team in the locker room they are much happier about their accomplishment than when the rout the garbage of the league. This is true in all athletics.

Predictive success and the numbers mean dick b/c the numbers plugged in are skewed as hell. Teams play much differently when up by 4 scores with 10 minutes left to play--this is why there aren't as many routes in the NFL...watch every game, soooooo many garbage scores late every week.

[/ QUOTE ]

not just about that stuff. lots of luck involved in close wins. seattle is a botched handoff and a 3rd and 20 stop away from being 7-2. for teams involved in close games every week luck will be the main factor determining the difference between 10-6 or 6-10.

teams that crush weak opposition don't have to worry about blown calls/fluky plays/or acts of god giving them an underserved loss.