View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Ohio State @ Michigan Thread (11/17/07)

[ QUOTE ]
Can you imagine Bo's reaction to that Wisconsin sideline nonsense?

This is why its time for Lloyd to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I remember watching Mallet get chippy with Lloyd on the sideline and thinking "wtf, is this happening?" Again, it doesn't even really bother me personally -- I don't see that and think "zomg Mallet what a douche, bench him now!" But it seemed stuff like that happened more and more the past few seasons. That's why I shouldn't say Lloyd failed to run a clean program -- it's just that his teams were increasingly undisciplined on and off the field, IMO. That's all I really feel is fair to criticize him for.

For instance, Manningham's attitude sucked all year. He did get "benched" for the EMU game, but even that seemed like such phony punishment: it was as if Lloyd recognized Mario had been dogging it in the beginning of the season, but then strategically benched him against our worst opponent so as not to jeopardize a win against a better opponent where we couldn't afford to have Mario sitting out. That kind of stuff bothers me -- either give him a meaningful punishment for having a poor attitude, or just let him go out and play, warts and all, and stop pretending you really give a [censored] about the players discipline beyond wins and losses. It's as if Lloyd was trying to maintain his "zomg such a disciplined program" image while not trying to actually sacrifice anything on the field. I guess that's nice, and alot of people seem to buy into it -- but it just rubs me the wrong way.