Thread: SmileyEH's Log
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: SmileyEH\'s Log

Hello adoring fans, my log has returned!

This week was my first with no rugby so I'm totally back in the game. I'm eating like a pig and lifting with some intensity again. Today:

Power clean and Jerks: worked up to 5 singles at 195. Pretty sad the jerks are tough considering I got 220 a couple months ago. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Bench: sets of 8 at 135, 155, and 165. sets of 5 at 175 and 180. Very happy with this workout, I actually realised a big part of my improvement over the summer was technique, aided by a grippier floor so I could use leg drive more effectively. Should definitely be getting back to 5x190 asap.

Then did Fran (21-15-9 reps each of thrusters and pullups). Time: 6:47, not brutal but not my best. Pullups sucked balls (I had to break up 2nd and 3rd sets). And my legs are still burning.

Right now my goal is improving my squat. I did 6x225 earlier in the week a couple times and it was tough. 6x265 is where I should be, and I'd like to be repping 300 asap.

Edit: I'm also back to the CF warmup-my pullup and dip numbers are sucking. 10dips, pullups, 15 b. extensions and situps to start off today.