View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: i check and see, but do i like what i saw?

Tyler - I could be wrong but I recall the hand was Cactus Jack in the CO who limped (boo!) and the button raised pre-flop. Big pot. The Tag was to Cactus Jack's immediate right.

a few notes -

1) I think Cactus Jack sound have raised pre-flop. He also should have called the flop bet with the plan of raising a safe turn card. His fold was weak, his decision was based on projecting a range rather than calculating a range.

2) I know Esther because I have played with her 2x before when sitting in smaller games with friends/coaching. She is weak and plays too many hands, but actually plays kind of well post flop - she isnt a total idiot. She plays the 4/8 game every day of her life now, its a source of income for her. Esther's range is as low as J5s and although she is weak I can totally see her betting multi-way with a flush draw or an OESD.

3) If the Tag is really a Tag then we should be discounting a lot of the B-way J hands. KJs, AJs, AJo, and probably KJo would all be raised pre-flop. Most guys at a 4/8 Vegas wouldn't raise QJs but they would limp in with QJo here. J9 is of course a fear and JT is a chop. There are far more hands he would raise here with to gain a free card & the button (especially with the A kicker) such as AhXh, QT, T8, etc etc etc.

As for Tyler's play if there was no raise pre-flop then I agree its closer to a fold on the flop. If the pot is large then we have to reconsider the line because he has great backdoor possibilities. I expect a lot of cards to kill his decision on the turn but if the pot is 18:2 SB immediate but likely 21:2 to him and Esther isn't going to pump this pot therefore its worth seeing another card for 2 bets.

Interesting hand Tyler!