View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Nutritional Supplements

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
women need a lot less zinc then men, so if they eat red meat 2 times a week then should be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

curious mostly about the sleep/seditive effect if there is any.

mag/zinc really zonked me out at first, increased rem, but the effect seemed to quickly taper off. I mean, I'm a guy, I'm just wondering if zinc would have a sleep effect for girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that their is any "magical" property about the zinc/magnesium combination that supplement companies market.

The reason this supplement has an effect on people is that literally everyone is defeciet in it IMO. The RDI's for most nutrients are basically set to the minimum for people to live (for example the RDI for vitamin C is only 40mg to fight off scurvy, but benefits are seen upwards of 500mg).

So what I'm trying to say is that the reason people experience a better sleep from taking a zinc/mag supplement is really just bringing their sleep to a normal level, not impoving it beyond "normal". A lot of people don't realise that which is why companies are ripping people off. Your gf can try supplementing with zinc and see if it helps, but I doubt it would. A lot of things can effect the quality of sleep some body gets, the main one being NOT sleeping at a regular time every day of the week

sorry for the long winded reply