View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Tonight UFC 78: Validation

It's really sickening to hear people call this card weak. The main event is weak, but it's still an interesting fight and the rest of the card is VERY solid.

For instance,

[ QUOTE ]
Rest of the card in uninteresting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you forget that there's a FOTY candidate on paper with Fisher/Edgar? Have you watched Edgar's last couple fights (which are definite FOTY candidates)?

[ QUOTE ]
...he was getting torched by Elvis...

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr....not really. He dominated round 1 and then Elvis caught him with a knee in round 2 before he recovered and put him away. He definitely had trouble with Evans, and I think Evans is a more complete fighter. Evans also claims he came into the Tito fight underweight as he lost 10 pounds during training to sickness.

If Performify is to be believed, Houston Alexander has a competent ground game, and shouldn't look like a fish out of water if the fight goes to the ground there. Everyone who has been critiquing his game is basing it on things they haven't seen. This match is tough to call because Silva's almost as much of an unknown as Houston is. I think if Silva comes into this fight with the typical Chutebox Muay Thai-or-the-highway gameplan, he's going to end up like Sakara and Jardine. I'll take Alexander here.

I'm taking Edgar over Fisher, just because of the exciting fights he's put on this year.

Chonan's been training with Team Quest, but I don't know if that's going to help him much with Karo. Karo by decision, but I'll be rooting for Ryo.