View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]

Trying to limit it to one table like a real poker room is stupid as Live poker without the interaction of other people at your table would be the most unenjoyable thing ever. Setting it to 3 or 4 tables max would still greatly serve your cause of trying to preserve your fishy clients.
If the lake can be maintained in a healthy state with 2 or 3 tabling, fine. By a healthy state, I mean no drop off in the number of rec players and a consequent overabundance of grinders. Like what was happening at Party even without the UIGEA. I don't know what the optimum number is for keeping a good fishy site vs the number of tables allowed. I am pretty sure ONE works well. And if the site is running well and there are lots of rec players there, ONE or two will be the number.

Lastly, A rakefree site is nice and all but the only people that have that high on their list when shopping for a poker site to play on is the very people you don't want, the multitabling hud bots.

You are missing the point of zero rake. Zero rake makes it legal and doable. The funding mechanism is what is tricky. There is a necessity of supporting the operational costs without breaking the law.
A recreational player does not care about the rake charged by a site (to an extent of course). Rather charge a rake
see above
(you can still keep it less than the competition) and spend it all on promotions and advertising to get players to your site and keep them there.

[/ QUOTE ]