View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Liberty Dollar office raided

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you think that civilians and law enforcement should be equal when it comes to legally using force or threat of force?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're [censored] right I do. All men are created equal. Government agents are not some morally distinct class, with special dispensation to do things that are immoral for commoners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, with all of my heart. The reason we're arguing here is that he disagrees with the basis for the raid, so therefore it's "immoral". I've come into contact with child molesters who certainly felt no moral issues arose from their behavior, and that it was just a harmless activity on their part.

Remember, if we don't enforce what you don't like because you think it's immoral, someone somewhere doesn't think raping your six year old daughter is immoral. Either both laws can be enforced, or neither.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You started off this argument GRANTING that the actual raid and the order was immoral, but that the guys who were carrying it out were not immoral because they were just doing their job. If all you wanted to do was argue about whether the raid itself was wrong or immoral you didnt need to waste a dozen posts talking about guys just doing their job. They should be commended for just doing their job if the raid was right and moral and good.

You've clearly switched tacks because you realized you were fighting a losing battle.