Thread: Down swings
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Down swings

[ QUOTE ]
i'll be first to admit that im not playin well, but i also know for a fact that i am getting a real bad run of cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would suggest playing just one table so you can focus on every move of every hand. I find that I can fold much better and call much better when I do that.

But yea - I just had a 6 week break-even stretch and I found a lot of things I do wrong with in this situation:

- stick to one table too long. normally i move around more. i move if i get no action. i move if i double up so dont have to bother messing around deep. etc
- try and play back at someone who luckboxed me. the right thing to do is let the pots come to you in my opinion. obv have an aggro game, but once you have a strat, stick to it and don't bluff just cuz ur pissed off
- play for too long when down (still dont know how to stop this sh!t). I tried an alarm clock, but I just turned it off lol.

But yea, what ended up helping was to play just one table, and stick to my strategy, which includes playing tight. I add a second one now that I'm doing well again, but initially I think just one tabling helped a lot to get out of the rut and play my best.

Oh yea - and before 1-tabling, just take like a week off. I got a friend of mine to change my pwd and told him not to give it to me for 7 days.

Good luck