View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: i check and see, but do i like what i saw?

hmmm.

i was discussing this hand with TT and Cactus Jack after it happened. Jack was the button in this hand and tanked and folded J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the flop. TT said that Jack's fold was too weak because there are so many draws that Taggish can be raising on this board.

to answer aaron's question, i think taggish's range is something like KJ-J9 (AJ raises pf), QJs-J8s (KJs raises pf), maybe J7s, OESDs, several pair+gutshot combos, and many combos of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. i'm not in terrible shape against this range.

the two callers in the middle were super loose and while their hands have outs and decrease my equity, they can easily have gutshots, bottom pair, 44, and other junk.

esther's lead is troubling because there are few worse Js (and her lead here is typical of a TP-type hand).

still, i do not fear a 3bet behind me from anyone and the pot is getting big, so i want to see what develops on the turn.

once i get to the turn, i already said what i was thinking: sometimes i can improve to the best hand, and the pot is providing pretty large overlay for that to happen.

bona, the river decision was very boring, but may skew responses, so i omit it for now.