View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]

........ but I really don't see how this could work. I think you are underestimating the startup costs and the cost of drawing players to the site, where are those dollars coming from? Then of course you have all the other operational expenses that come with running a functional poker site. I look forward to hearing why anyone would want to start such a site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really not sure how much it would cost to support such a site as I have outlined.

Does anybody have any idea how much it costs to run a site? That is, the direct costs of software leasing (buying?), running a server farm, and security? Customer support would be minimal. You help yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I have been working on a round number of $100,000 a month, $1.2 million a year. I have no clue if the is reasonable or not.

Is anybody in the know here?

Seriously.

Tuff

PS:

This whole idea was reborn in my head by the "The Rake is Too Much" thread. Seems some folks think it only takes pennies to run a table. Are they correct? If so we are definitely in business.