Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Saudi punishes gang rape victim with 200 lashes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She knew the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right! That means the US is ok to embrace any country as an ally that makes the rules clear no matter how oppressive they are. I get it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you believe our government is not oppressive to its own citizens, i.e. Patriot Act etc., and therefore you embrace the United States Government right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're comparing the Saudi laws that oppress women to the Patriot Act? Ok very convincing argument.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you part of the 11% of Americans who embrass their Congress right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with embracing a foreign country as an ally?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the U.S. were to grade every countries human rights record before entering into any type of alliance, i.e., a formal agreement or treaty, for the purpose of cooperating towards a specific purpose, we would be not have ever opened up trade with China.

Before the U.S. Supreme Court, in 2005, found it unconstitutional to execute or hand down a punishment of death to a minor, the United States of America was one of only 5 countries in the world who did so. We were the only industrialized nation in the world who would hand down the death penalty to a minor.

I believe that the other 4 who execute their children are:
Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Pakistan.

The United States is the country in the world, besides Iran and Pakistan, that has executed more than 1 minor in the last decade.

Therefore, based upon your "human rights before alliance" theory, none of the industrialized nations in the world should have had anything to do with the United States, until after the Supreme Court found the practice unconstitutional.