View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Liberty Dollar office raided

[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of moderate libertarians. The thing is that they tend to either vote the lesser of two evils or throw up their hands in disgust and ignore politics altogether. It's rare to see more moderate types highly vocal about ANY political view, but it's especially true when those views aren't mainstream.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to call myelf a libertarian, that was when I ued to think that libertarianism was : let people do whatever they want unless they harm other people.

My understanding of libertarianism never meant that you had to break up the state, the issue of the government having a monopoly of issuing currency or haing a monopoly of using violence (police) has never been something I had problem with.

I am in favor of a small government, but that government should have total monoploly in using force to enforce the laws inside that society. I am basically in favor of letting people do whatever they want to as long as it is not intruding anyones rights, but I do favor a government that has monopoly in issuing currency.

I believe in a structured society, with an elected government that has an agency that have a monopoly to use violence when needed. I think that individuals should be able to do whatever they want to as long as it doesnt harm other people, but I do believe that can be achieved within a set system and powerful (when needed) government, and not that a near total abolishment of government is the way to go.

I believe in a government that has certain rights, that includes the right to make currency, imprison people, enforce the laws that the people has mad and such.

I always used to believe I was a libertarian until I came to the the politics forum on 2+2, now Im more of a statist compared to the rest of the people... There goes my will to change the system =)