View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: What don\'t you get ? It does not take a genius.

OP/Jamie are retarded.

The world is not out to give you the best possible deal for you. Companies don't try to make the minimum amount of profit. They try to make the most they can.

I don't understand your point: that the rake is "too high"? As long as people are willing to pay it, it's not too high. And I don't see any reason at all to believe that reducing the rake by 30% or whatever would bring in enough players for the long term to make up and beyond that 30% revenue loss.

And LOL at the "pokerstars should charge less for their SNGs, it only costs 1 penny to run them". Who gives a [censored]. They don't. People are willing to pay that amount, so that's going to be the price. Do you have any reason to believe, based on facts/numbers/statistics/analysis of pokerstars business that they are not at the best pricepoint? Pokerstars or whatever isn't out to give you the best possible deal, they are out to get the most money they can. There is no 'fairness', and the rake is acceptable as people come in droves to pay it.

And if your retort is "they could make more with less rake", please explain exactly how and why. Just "more people will play, and that will make up for the lost rake" is not enough justification. Show some facts and numbers or STFU.

OP comes off as a guy at the grocery store who is only willing to pay a penny more than what the total cost of getting his groceries for the grocery store is - they don't give a [censored] about what you think and aren't out to give you the best possible deal - they are out to maximize profit. If you can't handle that vote with your wallet and stop playing online poker, but I doubt you have that discipline or fervor for your "cause".