View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: College Football Week 12

[ QUOTE ]
1) I really, really, really doubt that Chris Ault is getting paid 7 figures.

2) Players have often less than a second to make a very difficult decision. That they'd screw it up in the clutch sometimes is reasonable. This is a childishly simple scenario that Ault should have gone over hundreds of times before and he had 30 seconds to think about it.

3) I don't think Ault would even admit that he choked. I think he honestly believes that he made the right decision because he never spent 10 seconds looking at the situation analytically.

[/ QUOTE ]
you are proving my point. ault is not not getting paid seven figures but i guarantee you pete carrol, jim tressel etc are. when a basketball player for say, princeton, makes a dumb decision in the clutch while a guy playing for UCLA doesn't, you assume that is why player A is playing for princeton while player b is playing for UCLA. it is the same thing. while what ault did is inexcusable, you have to understand he is not a premiere coach. there are very few people qualified to be head coaches in college football, just like there are few athletes qualified to play in the NCAA. to assume that all of them will be clutch is ludicrous . the most clutch athletes, just like the most clutch coaches are at the very best programs (usually). its simple selection.