View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: \"The Mist\" imo will be awesome

[ QUOTE ]
I am hearing from some smart people that the ending is great. In another thread, CDS quoted Edgar Wright saying that he loved it. I didn't read the spoilers, and I have no idea what I'll think, but I just hate how we have CDS unilaterally poisoning everyone's expectations (intentionally, apparently).

[/ QUOTE ]

ya..trust me..based off of Wright's quote I have to totally re-evaluate him in terms of how he views a succesful ending.

i did a informal survey after seeing the film to see if it was just me...cuz everything else was good and up until that last point i was really into the flick. the guy i saw it with was like man that ending was really strange? and i told him how the novella ends n he was like [censored] that was have been an amazing ending to this flick.

emailed n imed a bunch of people. some didnt like it as a whole, a couple said it reminded them of a lame version of The Host, but most were like yeah it was pretty cool but the ending was awful. so its not just me.
and the reviews so far have been lukewarm to bad.

really bums me out cuz the first 3 acts work overall for me as a fan of the book...but god that ending.