View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 03:38 AM

Default AK in r/r pot vs. J turn

Home Game
.25/.50 blinds - $20 buyin

NOTE: Stacks are really deep here for our home game. It's a screwy structure, but it's how it goes here. Thus, the 150bb stacks are VERY deep. It's 2am and we're playing the last orbit of the night.

Villain is super-laggy. He's not an idiot though, but attacks me a lot because of my tight image.

Here's the hand:

Hero (BB): ($75)
Villain (BTN): Covers ($90ish)

Down to 4 players....

Hero is dealt: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB
BTN limps in for .50
SB checks
Hero raises to $2
BTN raises to $7
SB folds
Hero calls

Flop: ($16) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks (going for a c/r)
Villain checks behind

Turn: ($16) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets $10
Villain raises to $35
Hero ???

<font color="blue">
Ok, so it's a reraised pot, and I hit my TPTK. On the flop I'm going for a c/r, since villain initiated the 3bet. I'd say his 3bet range preflop is around 99-AA, AK, AQ. Very unlikely he has the 3 or 8 here given my history with him.

So, he checks behind on the flop. Hmm. I'm not sure how often villain would take a stab here with TT-KK - he might check behind, he might bet. I honestly don't know.

Now, I lead the turn and he raises. The jack is a gross-gross card.

I figure: TT/QQ/KK probably don't raise here.
AK, AQ, and JJ definitely raise here.

What's your play? If I just call here, I only have $33 left in something like an $86 pot. Just get it all in, right?
</font>