View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: The Fine Line Between FPS and Being a Robot

grunch:
I get what pudge is saying. Still disagree about the merits of raising A5s in most situations, as it seems to benefit from having a lot of callers rather than a few, though I wouldn't know as I've pretty much never raised that hand at t20 or t30 since I've gotten past the point where I sucked at STTs. Recently switching to cash for about 1/3 of my poker time has really gotten me to loosen up in LP in STTs, however, and the QJ hand I think is mostly auto raise for me now. I dunno if it is just me, but I see a world of difference between the two hands. Also, they were played at vastly different stakes. However, I'm afraid that I'm becoming something of a volume whore, and that I pass up small edges due to laziness, etc, that I won't be able to pass up as I move up further. Obv. any hand in a discussion should be treated as if you were playing only one table and we should all be thinking of an optimal line, as opposed to fold, its too marginal, etc... QJs sure seems to benefit from position a whole lot more than A5s with a pfr, as you can continuation bet that A when it hits the flop with QJs and what-- get KK that didn't reraise preflop to fold when an A flops? You're pretty much building up a pot with a crap hand with A5s, as yes you have position, but there isn't really a single flop you'd really like to hit and get called on, so you might as well open a suited connector where you could actually make top pair that could stand a flop call. You don't want to have to bluff out better aces when you flop one. If this doesn't make sense, I'm moderately hammered.