View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Razz-caution or coward?

30-38% isn't exactly nitty but it's not insane either. That number isn't the same as avg vpip because some people will get free looks at 3rd from the bringin.

Speaking of which, man the bringin in pokerstars sucks. Too big. It's still cheaper per hand that FTP but people defend much more, so stealing is less profitable, plus the ante is smaller so the initial pot is smaller, less to steal. I defend a little more but not a lot more.

People also almost never limp-fold like they might on FTP (on FTP at 1/2 you can limp for .25 and then fold if it's $1, but on PS when you limp for .5, you can't fold when it's $1 back to you, you're getting way too good of odds.

And convention be damned, there are way too many people on both sites for whom limping is the default action, regardless of hand strength. Many, many people have PFR ranges of 4-8% (mine is something like 13-15% I think). You can not automatically put these people on a brick or a 9 in the hole. I've seen people limp hands as strong as A46 over and over and over.

I think I commented on this once before - this type of player raises for one of 2 reasons, typically: as a steal, or with the super premium hands. Man is it important to know which is which. I make a note any time one of these guys raises and I get to see his cards.