View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Liberty Dollar office raided

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one was beaten, no one was held at gun point, no one was killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think would have happened if the people working there had started to run?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a question with no definitive answer, although I'm sure in your mind, the answer is "They would've been gunned down".

The truth, however, is much more complicated. It would've depended on the agent's pre-determined threat level assessment prior to the raid, to the agent's determination of the involvement of low level employees, to thousands of other factors that would've been involved in answering that question that I don't know the answer to because I wasn't involved in the planning of the raid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to call a few guys in suits walking in with shiny badges saying "FBI, this is a raid, step away from your desk and file out of the office in an orderly fashion" "force", then we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I walk into a bank, hand the teller a note, and she gives me a bag full of money, would you say that no force was used? Would you say the money is now mine fair and square, she voluntarily gave it to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

My question would be "Should I even attempt to continue a conversation with someone who believes this analogy has the slightest bit of relevance to this discussion?"

FBI agents going to a judge, taking an oath acknowledging they had knowledge of activities illegal per US code are taking place at ________ location, and _______ items are to be searched for, and if present seized, isn't even close to you robbing a bank.

Furthermore, you're not going to get anything from a teller by writing a note that says "Hi, I'd like some cash." The note will have to have a threat, or else the teller will not respond. Yet you already knew that, I'm sure.