View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Official Review Thread: markbris $10/$100K win

First of all, thanks for taking these over Betgo and I know you always take the time to review most of the ones bond had posted. Thanks for that and for taking the time to review mine, your insight is great to hear. Im always trying to learn and you are very helpful. Thanks to anyone else that replied as well.

Hand 156: Another one I talked about when i reviewed it, they are only pushling like 6xbb and 12xbb each so I shoulda called as theyre ranges arent that tight.

Hand 245: I like pushing here too, hes unlikely to be limping a big hand in late. Good opportunity to pick up chips, most likely I was just too weak to make myself push here.

271: He had not raised much since I got to the table so I let this one go, if he had been more active I would have restolen.

296: I think people were playing tighter at this point in the tournament and I just didn't think he was doing it light really. Its close but mostly read dependent I think.

303: I think this was directly related to hand 296 since he had moved in on me just an orbit ago I was skittish about raising weak here.

319: I think I shoulda pushed here, I dont think he had been really active though and I think I had been told he was one of the better players at the table so I shyed away from it here.

431: Yea this was a tight fold. I think I was just being timid at the final table and close to big money. Something I need to work on.

451: Same as 431

490: Same as the KQ hand from earlier, I think I was mostly staying out of this guys way, partially timid too. I think I shoulda been pushing here tho.

510: This was another hand I talked with some 2+2ers about and had determined this was def a push on the flop. I think I was just being timid and was getting such a good price that I would just peel one but I shoulda pushed.

550: Arguably my worst hand of the tournament. I immediately regretted this one. I think I was thinking that he wouldnt reraise me as he had been pretty active I was expecting a fold here almost always or at worst a call from him. I wasnt thinking ahead at all tho for if he pushed. I didnt feel like I could call though once he did as I thought his 4bet range was really tight. I think I shoulda just flatcalled and played against him for cheap since he had been opening alot. Bottom line I shouldnt have been 3betting here if I couldnt call a 4 bet.

565: I think you mean 89s on this one but I dont feel like I can call for that much of my stack and deuce had been the tightest player at the FT probably and had not messed with me at all 3 handed really. So I was fine with folding.

571: Another one I pinpointed and talked about. I played this one godawfully as well. He had been tight so I think I shoulda just bet the flop and shutdown if called. I doubt he fires the turn as a bluff much because as I said he had been pretty tight and passive. The turn push is worthless cuz he only calls when hes beating me. like i said, badly played, thankfully my luckbox was ready

600: Def shoulda bet the flop, theres a later hand where i again flop trip aces and do bet the flop realizing my mistake. shoulda raised the turn as well as he rarely fires a bluff here so he most likely has something he likes and I need to get value. another one i talked about with some people afterwards

695 and 698: Yea shoulda bet the flop for the reason you said, I had just been playing pretty passively and not messing with him at this point but I need to be more aggro and just take it, esp with him playing tight.

738: same as previous hands