View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: What don\'t you get ? It does not take a genius.

"If the rake-structure and other factors are such that I find the games to be worthwhile then I will play there."

You obviously havent been reading my posts. I have said that I still find the games to be worthwhile at stars despite the rake. I dont think anyone here besides the OP has said the rake would make them stop playing. Im trying to say that the rake IS NOT IDEAL. NOT FOR US OR THE SITES.

Lower rake=more wining players=better word of mouth=more players in general=fish staying around longer

I dont know how many times ive talked to people at non-poker forums who wont give up the idea that "online poker is rigged, you cant win." I know a lot of people who like the game but wont play online because they think no one wins online. Maybe its because only like 8% (just a guess, i have to state this explicitly or BOB will post about it 8 times) of players actually do win in the long run, and only like 0.25% make any real money.

Lower rake would create more winning players and GROW THE GAMES FASTER. Good for us and the site. Why cant some people just admit that there is a possibility that a lower rake is good for EVERYONE? Not a certainty but a possibility. There is an IDEAL rake out there, one that will make the sites more money and grow the games faster. Maybe it is the standard rake, but i dont think so.

Why had this point been totally ignored?

Im not saying that sites would get a huge boost in revenue over night, im saying that a lower rake is good for the game in general and anything good for the game in general has to be good for the sites eventually. Id go as far as to say that a substantial reduction in rake is inevitable, because the legal situtation in the US will change eventually. When it does i think we will see a second poker boom.

POKER IS JUST A GAME. IF I THOUGHT I WAS PAYING TO MUCH TO ENTER A PING-PONG TOURNEY I WOULD COMPLAIN.

WE ARE PARTNERS WITH THE SITES WE OWE THEM NOTHING. JUST BECAUSE U MAKE A LIVING AT A SITE DOESNT MEAN YOU OWE THEM ANYTHING.

And as ive said before i still love stars.