View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

What the hell, I'll give this a shot.

I'm 27 years old and have a career, so poker is something I play in my spare time, however I'm dedicated to the game and am constantly trying to improve and advance, and I want to eventually be able to beat the MSNL/HSNL games. I usually play after work for about 2-4 hours daily.

I've been playing online poker off and on for about 3 years now. Started playing back in 04, mainly limit. Got up to 2/4 and then cashed out once the legislation hit. Started playing again on Stars a few months ago after getting a $36 transfer from someone. So far I've run that up to around $1k and I'm currently playing 50NL, but I feel like I've hit a roadblock. My BR isn't growing very much as I've hit a bad patch for the last 10k hands or so (running/playing bad). Also, I think I'm a bit of a spewtard.

I would love to get a bit of free coaching as I've been thinking about paying for some but would really like to see what it's like first. I think that I would make a great student as I'm dedicated to improving all aspects of my game and would love to have someone dig into my game looking for leaks. Also, I think it would be great to discuss poker with someone like you, hopefully getting some insight into your thought process. Also, if I was chosen I wouldn't just sit back and listen, I would actively be trying to squeeze as much info out of you as I could and really working on improving the way I think and play. I'm driven to succeed in poker and a little help from someone like you will go a long way.

Also, I think this is a great idea. Thank you for this (even if I don't get picked). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]