View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

I'm 21 years old and I've been playing poker online for close to 4 years now. I started off playing tournaments with decent success, but wanted to get good at cash games, mainly because I can sit down at a table and play anytime and am not restricted to a set MTT time schedule.

I began playing cash about 6 months ago, jumping straight in at 100nl and finding after a 40k hand sample, I was a break even player. Afterwards, i withdrew my money to take on holiday, leaving my BR at 0.

After getting back from holiday, I found $160 in my account, which was Rakeback from the previous month. So i sat down at the 30nl deepstack tables on FTP, and within a few short weeks, my $160 investment had turned into $1000 through a combination of cash games and $5 and $10 MTTs. Over a short 10k hand sample of 30nl, i was running at 10ptBB, and utterly convinced it was sustainable.

I proceeded to the 50nl tables and in 16k hands, running at ~6ptBB, I found my roll was large enough to start taking shots at 100nl once again.

I went into 100nl understandably apprehensive and it showed in my results, only barely being a winning player over a further 20k hands, being kept alive each month by a mountain of rakeback.

I moved out into my own place fully convinced i could support myself full time on poker, but taking enough money out for rent and bills each month left me very very short, and i found myself once again with only a $200 bankroll.

I'm a very stubborn and proud person, so dropping back down to 30nl was hard, but i dug my feet in and persevered, and in 1 week turned $200 into $540 which is where i stand now. It's definitely a confidence booster to know i can beat the lower limits, but i would love to beat 100nl. It seems like a mental brick wall for me.

I guess then my goals from a coaching session would be to plug some leaks when moving from uNL to SSNL. I'm fairly confident in my game but it slips at times. All i want from poker is to be able to support myself, and a decent winrate at 100nl would do just that.

As I'm not working, I can pretty much work to any time you find easiest. It would be great insight into a winning player's game and i would very much enjoy and relish the opportunity, hopefully building a BR big enough to head to Vegas for 2008.

Thanks,

Stel