Thread: AC in America
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: AC in America

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know why you are mentioning both AC and Atheism together. Don't see any relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a relationship, though probably not a causal one. I'd be curious to see how many self-proclaimed ACists here are also atheists. I would guess somewhere around 90%.

Both AC and Atheism have a core belief that there is no higher authority than self.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that maybe that percentage of ACists here are agnostics, but not atheists.

And before you go saying "OMG they're all atheists" I want to point out that from your "Atheism have a core belief that there is no higher authority than self" statement, you are clearly using the definition of atheism that only includes active disbelief, since agnostics (and those agnostics who falsely call themselves atheists) do not have beliefs of any sort in relation to "God".

Also, the fact that you believe that statement to be true of ACists just shows how ignorant you are of AC.

It's also worth noting that due to the nature of this site, people in general are less likely to be religious, so even if all the ACists here are not religious, it's probably not representative of the general AC population.