View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Phil Jackson is awesome

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, IT IS IN NO WAY OFFENSIVE TO HOMOSEXUALS. At all, not even a little bit. Dont you think that it is a little warped when the president of the Gay and Lesbian alliance or whatever group it is goes into auto-attack dog, offended mode whenever anyone references gays in the media? Isnt that, like, you know, sort of EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH?

[/ QUOTE ]

you might be referencing a different head gay person than the one whose quote i saw on espn. but on the show, the response was something along the lines of, "phil has been coaching a long time. He shouldn't need to resort to making cheap gay jokes." seemed like just a regular statement to me, as in he/she didn't seem particularly offended but had to make a comment b/c of reporters blowing it up. perhaps in context it was confrontational than i am gathering. as far as what he/she was trying to accomplish, i'm not sure i understand what you mean. i think you mean picking real fights instead of non offensive stupid jokes that aren't funny, but from the language of the quote, i don't think he/she was doing any such thing.