View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

<font color="green"> About me </font>

I'm 23, a degree student ( business ). I'm british.

Pre-UIGEA I was playing limit but the game got a bit boring and UIGEA really turned me off a bit, I played ~1/2 to 3/6 ( LHE and stud8 ). I started playing again last month but with a focus on NL as the game selection is 100x better. First things first I burned through the FPP I had on stars from my limit days and won 4 sunday million seats via the 2700 FPP turbos out of 4 entries. ( these things are so fishy its utterly amazing ).

( I made around $4000 pre UIGEA ).

The money isnt particularly important to me but the winning longterm is. I'm playing 50NL ( .10/.25 blinds which is 25 NL most sites ) I have around $500 on FTP and the same on absolute with rakeback at both.

I put two weeks in at full ring on FTP before deciding that 6max was a much better choice in the long run, short handed play is a much superior skill to have than full ring.

I switched over to 6 max and my stats post-transition are below.

The first week I approached it in a limited way - fire up 4 tables and let us gogogogogogogo. Obviously not the best.

This week I've cut down to 2 tables and spent more time evaluating my play and reading and rereading ( on my reading list at the moment are psychology of poker, stoxs' book, NL holdem theory and practice and the mathematics of poker - along with a lot of "the wells" by recognised players ), rereading barrys book and SS2.

<font color="green"> Why Should I be chosen </font>

I think this is a fantastic opportunity and I have a great idea that might help more than just me if you choose me.

I'd like to record 1~hr or so of 3 tabling ( 4 is pushing it for me to play well at the moment - especially with commentary on top ), for you to spend review time on rather than post individual hands or have you sweat me, then if you're amenable to noting some of the interesting hands and discussing them over vent/skype I'd like to summarize and perhaps post the video+summary in uNL.

I think doing this twice would probably take up around 4hrs ( 2hrs of video review+2hrs discussion time ).

I have camtasia and am familiar with producing videos so I'm quite happy taking some time doing something funky with it for sharing.

<font color="green"> Goals </font>

Overall poker goals are to improve my game to the point where I can play 400-1000nl online as a winner, perhaps higher but I'm realistic about life.

<font color="green"> Coaching Goals </font>

Firstly I assume there are some points I'm missing in my postflop game - I think postflop I play decently.

I feel like my biggest leak at the moment is firstly taking some marginal hands too far, and secondly stacking off light a little too often. I can find at least ~5 hands where I've stacked off horrible in the last two weeks although only twice this week, probably more that I dont recall.

So my coaching goals are really

1. Improve my postflop game as much as possible
2. Evaluate big pot play more accurately.

I've posted a partial shot of my pokerEV for the last two weeks.

Thanks for considering me and taking the time to read all these applications.