View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Almost all men prefer it if women are in good shape. It's like preferring it if they brush their teeth regularly. It's just one of those things you're not going to get around and you'd do yourself no favors even trying to get around.

[/ QUOTE ]

These things are not comparable if you ask me. I could hang around a guy who is 30-40 lbs over weight, no problem. But someone who doesn't brush his teeth regularly? EWWW. Come on you cannot be serious. The teeth issue is not even up for debate. Hygiene man. That's a whole other ball game. But what's it to me if a guy has a little weight on his belly? That's his demon not mine. I can see where he might not like it but I don't care as long as I don't have to see him naked.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're changing the subject. I'll hang out with anybody. We were talking about what's attractive. I do understand from some discussions here that some people will not even talk to members of the opposite sex they don't find attractive, but that strikes me as incredibly bizarre, and I'm not one of them.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I stay in shape is because I like to look good and I don't want to have to wear big jeans. I like wearing my fashionable clothes. But it doesn't really offend me if there's a woman who walks by me at Krogers who's a size 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with your use of and thinking in terms of the word "offend" today? You are messing up the concept entirely and beating up straw men.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah if she's obese it can be gross (like those women who have to ride the carts because they can't walk around) but a little larger than their h.s weight? Who cares!

Anyway, thanks for your answer. You write well. I thought it was interesting and I'm going to go home and walk this afternoon so I can remain in vigorous command over my body [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if people are fat as long as I don't have to be squeezed up against them or smell them. I have come close to getting angry at someone obese I used to very occasionally go to lunch in a group with though. It would literally take her 15 or 20 minutes to walk a block to the shopping center behind our building, holding up the whole group, who were constrained to be polite. Needless to say this left us almost no time to order or eat.