View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

[ QUOTE ]
im having fun railing this thread.

edit: im not laughing, Im seriously interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, but I'm also gonna throw my name into the hat.

I just started playing NL about 2 months ago after playing limit for the past ~3 years. I was primarily playing 3/6 FR LHE and 2/4 6m before making the transition.

I've put in ~12K hands at 25NL and ~13K hands at 50NL 6max. I have been doing pretty well, but also feel like I have been running hot and am trying not to let positive variance influence me. I will be trying out some 100NL this weekend.

One thing I feel I need help on in NL is hand reading and quick equity determination. I always considered myself a good hand-reader, but I feel like I'm a total noob again regarding hand-reading in NL. You typically have far less info before a big(gish) decision in NL than limit and really need to be able to quickly have a reasonable range early.

A plus side is that because I am fairly new to NL, I don't have to many ingrained bad habits other than what I bring over from playing limit. There are a few of those still, but because I understand the games are actually very different, they should be easy to put aside once I know exactly what they are and why they are bad.

I have also coached a few people and am currently coaching another 2p2er in limit so I am good at expressing and understanding poker concepts.

Anyway, I'm offering up myself as someone who is new in NL, but has a solid understanding of poker. I'm looking to be playing NL200 and NL400 by next spring/summer and I know those games are completely different than the games I'm currently playing, but I am also wise enough to not just jump into that pond w/out being prepared first.