View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Default 5/10 Live: Playing a non-nut boat deep vs. a strong opponent

Four handed, effective stacks about 2400. Villain is a young guy I have been playing live with quite a bit lately. He is a pro, but plays mostly holdem. He is pretty sharp, and we have been making some big plays against each other in the past few days, but when the big money gets in we both always generally both have had a big hand, with a few notable exceptions. Neither of us are afraid to bluff or call lightly, but both of us care about the money, making for an interesting dynamic. His biggest weaknesses are bluffing to much and slightly overvaluing hands due to his holdem background

Villain is BB, I straddle it up to 20, Button folds, SB calls, Villain calls, I raise 50 more with AQ98 with ace high hearts, they both call.

Flop J 9 9 two hearts (210): Checked to me, I bet 150, SB folds, Villain calls.

Turn Q of hearts (510) Villain leads for 300, I call.

River some small card (1110): Villain checks, I ask how much he is playing and he says just under 1800 and I bet 650, planning to fold to a checkraise since I can definitely say he never makes that play with anything worse than QQQ99.

Comments on any street welcome, and I am happy to elaborate on my thought process, reads, and the history if you think it is necessary.