View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: The Fine Line Between FPS and Being a Robot

I think this whole issue is blown up too much. In the same way that a LAG can beat the same NL cash game a TAG can, players who play differently in the opening stages can also be +EV in SnG's. We may disagree on certain plays, but both types can be winners. One style deep stacked is not necessarily 'better' than another. In late stages, ICM dominates, but early stages are open for debate.

i'm a bit looser than most on the forum early in the SnG. I remember one post where in the first level, a guy limped A7s in late position with three limpers before him, and had a question about his postflop play. Several people told him to fold pf! Huh?! I was astonished, really, i feel limping Axs behind multiple limpers early is money. I was really perplexed at what i saw as nittinessw. But this doesn't mean players who are tighter than me are wrong, they just play differently.

It's an interesting debate to have, and hopefully people will have an open mind. I've tightened up a bunch due to advice from this forum, but i'm still looser than most.