View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

I'm coming to this thread because I feel like I'm hovering. I started in 25NL with 350, an after doing some reading on here and disciplining myself, I started wrecking 25NL, grinding my way up to 1000. From there I moved to 50NL. Now, at 50, I'm at 1300, but progress feels much slower. In fact, I think I was making more profit at 25NL, which is disturbing to me. If I can't improve at 50, I can't ever move up to 100, or I'll get crushed!

So I feel as though I've hit a poker version of writers' block. I know what needs to happen, but I just can't make progress. Maybe some outside guidance would help me push through it and put some new things together.

As for life goals and such (which seem to be a theme in this thread), I'm a recent creative writing graduate, so I'm struggling to find work in media. I'm thinking of taking an unpaid internship somewhere to gain the experience I need, but in order to live and work for free, I need poker to continue to be profitable. Right now it is, but just barely, and if coaching helps me move a rung or two higher in terms of my gameplay, it would make life a rung or two simpler, I imagine.