View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: An offer of coaching/mentoring

[ QUOTE ]

Please use this thread to tell me about yourself, why you should be chosen, what your goals are, what you want to get out of coaching etc. To be honest, i'm not sure what i'm looking for yet, but I will have chosen someone by Sunday. I will post in this thread, with an explaination of why they were chosen, and at that point the thread can obv be locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for offering this.

I've been playing poker for about a year seriously (reading 2p2) and about a year (without 2p2) before that. i've built my roll up from 1/2c to 25/50c over about 60k hands. i recently went through a really rough downswing after breaking even at 50nl for a while and losing all my confience/luckbox and have only just got a 50nl bankroll back again.

my poker goals: to be a really good, intelligent MS/HSNL player. I'd be happy to be beating 1/2 in 6 months though.

coaching goals:

- try out coaching without paying. i feel like i should be able to beat the next couple of levels without coaching, so makes sense that coaching money is probably better off remaining in my bankroll for now.

- that said, i am really keen to establish a solid foundation to my game so i can be in a good position to crush small stakes. specific things i feel i would like to work on with a coach:

* getting good frequencies for rr pots nailed down
* i am quite aggressive, checking i am aggressive in the right spots and also learning to adjust when people adjust to me
* getting better at more specific hand ranges and not just 'hmm there are some pairs, there are some draws there are some sets, i has bottom two so i bet!'
* related to the previous two points, i want to be smarter about semibluffing

- ultimately i would like to put the theoretical knowledge together and be making the right decision at the table 99% of the time.

- i contribute round here a fair bit, i'd like to get better at that.

- basically i really don't want go through what i have in poker in the last few months: i don't mind variance, but i want to be confident that my game is on the right track.

i think 4 hours of coaching would probably be a massive help towards that.

I have similar lifetime preflop stats and street by street AF to OP fwiw but have much lower wtsd.