View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Moving Up In Stakes

And also, just because a few people look at your hand histories and say, oh, there's nothing substantial doesn't mean there *isn't something substantial.* It just means that no one caught it.

I'd also be willing to bet that if someone looked objectively at your trends, like we are when we look at a graph of your play, they would say, "Yes, this guy has some leaks." Then if they looked objectively at a random selection of HH's instead of ones that you chose, and could have cherry-picked, to send them, there would be more substantial things found.

Also, you mentioned earlier that your graph would move steadily downward if you were a fish...

[ QUOTE ]

But let's humor the arrogant jerks and assume that I do have massive leaks, or, in other words, I'm a terrible fish. Why didn't my graph start out moving steadily downward? Why does it move up, then nose dive, then steadily move up before taking another nosedive? What kind of leak causes someone to win steadily for a few days, then lose almost every all-in for days?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really, honestly, and truly believe that, then the only logical conclusion I can draw is that you don't understand statistics and variance very well. I can draw this conclusion from the fact that you think that your graph climbing upward for a few days means you're NOT a fish. Even the worst fish know that a bad player can still win, can start out winning, and can win steadily before taking a dive again.

In conclusion, you need to look at everything objectively instead of taking offense to when people on the internet say that you're not doing well. Despite the implied tone of telling someone that they aren't as good as they think they are, those people are actually trying to help you. Attacking these people will not help you learn, it will make you more bitter. If you can't do these things, then your best option is to quit playing SNGs and try something else.