View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Moving Up In Stakes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arguing this with Guthrie is redundant. it's happened time and time again. He is one of the unlucky ones with a rigged account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people might think that moderators should refrain from making snide remarks, repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only posts I've ever read by you always have to do with how unlucky you are. I don't recall seeing you on here posting hands and getting involved in productive discussions or doing anything but complaining about your rotten luck. For this reason I think it's fine for a mod (or anyone else) to take a shot at you because everybody gets sick of hearing the whining after a while.

Putting ourselves at risk of taking some [censored] for posting dumb or bad advice is part of the price we all pay when we're turning to strangers on the intertubes for advice. Live with it and learn or move on. It's not a valid excuse for why you don't get involved in strategy discussions.

Even if somehow your luck has been so bad that you are an outlier on luck graph -- which I don't happen to believe in your case -- I don't see how focusing all your attention on it is anything but detrimental. Focus your energy on improving instead, or just quit because otherwise you're just going to be unhappy.

And if you don't think a negative attitude creeps into your play you're wrong. An example being how you played the AA hand from the blinds in Atlantic Trout this week. Now maybe you're just fooling around blowing off steam in the trout games, but it appears to me that you're actually trying to play well most of the time. Now I know the money would have went in on that hand whether or not you raised preflop, and you would have got stacked, but checking from the BB and giving an EP limper a free flop when you have AA is just a fundementally poor play even in a trout game.