View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: PS 33 10G Easy resteal w/ 88?

You have only been there for one orbit, so, unless somebody has been a maniac, no reads that you can hang a hat on yet has surfaced. Even with the BB sitting out, MP3 still knows that there are three others yet to act behind him, which does add to the strength of his raise. His M is ~7.5 ('Orange Zone' in HOH2). First-in vigorish is a large portion of the 'Orange Zone' thought process, which could open up his range a bit.

Your M is ~10.5, just outside the Orange Zone, so you are in no position to be messing around. If you are to play this, you will be playing for MP2's stack. It is also possible you will be playing for your stack as well, depending on the blinds.

To me, it's a matter of preference. Pocket Eights are right in the middle. Half the time, you're racing. The other half of the time, you're dominated. You could be up against Ax, which would be your best scenario.

I would tend to wait looking for a better spot, with the flexibility to be more selective. However, I would not fault a push here. It is simply a matter of preference.