View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: PS $5 sng river decision

As always , there is a hand with an actual decision and no one replies.

I like the first three streets, river I think puke and call is ok getting 2.5 to 1 - his hand certainly looks like a flush, but I dont think we can say with c ertainty at the smaller buyins that it is clubs.

Reasons I call: Im not sure how guys play in the lower buyins, but I would think a flush may try and squeeze value from you here by maknig a smaller bet? If he had something like AXc, I would think he may have raised you at some point in the hand, but perhaps this is a passive donk. He could have AcX - where he knows if the flush gets there, with the Kc out, you dont have clubs - but that might be higher level thinking than exists at teh $5s.

More reasons I like calling: How often do you feel this is a bluff, now that you have given up on your agression with the hand? If a bluff makes up any part of his range here, I think a call is ok.

Reasons folding is semi-ok: We have 850 left, which can certainly be enough for a comeback, but things need to go our way. I would prefer to call and just bust open a new one when he tables 78c, and fistpump when we get shown A7o