View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: 20/40 I\'m a Payoff Machine

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another question, how should you play K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

KcKs makes it less likely he is trying to snow you with Jcx, right? So oddly enough, we should be more inclined to fold this stronger hand. But unfortunately we beat QxJc. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Some players are like that. They think they're bluffing, and then accidently value-bet their 2nd/3rd pair on the river when you have an underpair.

I think you're cooked in this TT hand, but against tricky types, I have a hard time giving it up even I though I feel stupid most of the time when they show me A-no kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we have Kc we have the nut flush draw! Why would we be more inclined to fold that? You must be talking about the river portion only, right?

I think with KcKs, early in the hand you play more aggressively and semi-bluff the flop with a reraise. I like a reraise on the flop because 1) You learn more information about your opponents hand for cheap bets and 2) It's not weak, like call/call. (You could also semi-bluff raise the turn, if you think a specific opponent will toss a range of hands)

As for the river, even with KK, against most opponents, if they come out betting on the river, you are toast. fold it.

Any thoughts?