View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Saudi punishes gang rape victim with 200 lashes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A slave would not have been wrong to attempt to escape. I'm not 100% sure how you are equating a muslim woman riding in a car with an unkown man to escaping. How was she escaping? She wasn't, she was breaking the law and staying in the system. How does that help anything? No escaping being done. Amount of escaping = 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole point here is that you said

[ QUOTE ]

That's their law, she lives there, she has to follow it, or get it changed through their system. Not break it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which can realistically only be interpreted as you believing that the rule of law is good for its own sake. That is what was the most objectionable part. The rest of your post is weak fluff trying to cover up the fact that you clearly wouldn't (and very few people would) condemn a person to live under an extremely repressive situation, and yet meanwhile you act as if its black and white, ie "the law is the law".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why I'm not coming off clearly here.

She lives there, she has to follow the law of the land.

The slave is trying to escape to get away from the society that makes laws against him.

The woman wasn't trying to get away from the society, she was just breaking their laws.