View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Saudi punishes gang rape victim with 200 lashes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's their law, she lives there, she has to follow it, or get it changed through their system. Not break it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slave from the 1840s: Man slavery sucks, we need to get rid of it.

Taso: Yeah, you should tell your congressmen to outlaw it

Slave: I don't have a congressman, slaves can't vote

Taso: Damn, that sucks, you should totally write a letter to a newspaper talking about how [censored] slavery is

Slave: Umm, dude, my master forbids us to read and write, and beats us if we try to learn.

Taso: Damn that really sucks, you should move somewhere that slavery isn't allowed.

Slave: To do that I would have to break the law, slaves aren't allowed to run away + the closest places without slavery have fugitive slave laws where the citizens there are required to return us.

Taso: Damn, that sucks, well keep on keeping on man, just don't break these unjust laws, try working within the system that set up these laws and one day, hopefully your grandchildren won't be slaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY the point he was making!

Am I wrong? I thought it was pretty clear he was alluding to all of those statist "if you don't like taxation, work within the system to change it" arguments we see here in every other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he's just making that argument. And in a situation in which it is even more absurd.