View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Moving Up Question (Dont know where to post)

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the thread hijack but is it stupid to play 50NL when I have 40+ buy ins for 100NL? I just feel really comfortable at 50NL and I am beating it at a pretty good clip (about 4.5/100 for the last 50k).

[/ QUOTE ]

There are far more factors to consider then just number of buy-ins in your BR..I am in the same position..I always play way over rolled for the limit I am playing..I play much better the deeper my roll...For others it's the opposite..The deeper there roll the more they "donk" off saying it's only $50 or so..

Downside to playing over rolled is you(me also) may be selling yourself and your money won short...

Some other factors you need to consider..
1.Can you replenish your BR???? If you can easily then you can play and take shots at higher levels..If you BR can not be replenished you need to play over rolled..
2..What are your winnings used for:
A..Living exp. you'll want a deeper BR
B..Fun and recreation you can take shot more liberally
c..Building roll to play in higher limits...In the middle take disciplined shots but move down quickly..
3..Free Bonus monies and Rakeback
4..Win rate at current level..If only beating current level for 1PTBB/100 but your BR is growing due to #3 you should not move up...Our BR will generally grow far faster then our skill..

What I am trying to say is there are NO set in stone rule that should be adhered to..Everybody situation is different and needs much more analysis then simply I have X amount of buy-ins should I move up..