Thread: skier well
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: skier well

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gamble4you talked about "the core of poker" in his well post. Can you elaborate on this?

How often do you do odds calculations to work on game theory type things? (things similar to your post on restealing from short stackers)

Do you have intentions of moving passed 25/50?

Where do you live?
How old are you?
Are you a student?
What's your next 5 years look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea what the core of poker is, if i get a chance ill reread his well.

i do calculations whenever im unsure abuot a spot, ive been doing it more and more lately because it is important to know the math and you often plug leaks/find missed EV.

If you're ever unsure about a hand open pokerstove and play around with ranges. What range does he need to make my play profitable? How far off my required equity am i? How does my equity differ vs different ranges? How much FE do i need? How much equity do i need to make this a profitable play? what % of his range is he folding? these are all questions you can ask yourself about every day situations.

For example, take some random situation, say calling the flop and say to yourself, well what if i raised? Play around with math and ranges and all of a sudden you have a new weapon in your arsenal.

not sure if i will move past 25/50. I certainly want to be comfortable (and have the roll to be) playing in soft high stakes games tho.

next 5 years: hopefully grinding poker and traveling. maybe starting a business. enough money to basically retire by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to follow this up by asking about some equity situations that have actually recently come up over the last few weeks where you busted out stove and crunched some numbers