View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Very common flop situation

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what to put him on, but you should repop the flop.

As played, that turn ace knocked out a lot of your chances of being ahead. I'm OK with the fold there. But the flop is too weak.

Top pair is very strong heads up. What do you think his read on you is? If you've played 1100 hands with him he probably remembers you even if he isn't using PokerTracker or whatever. Would he think Qx is beating you a good amount of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

the hands are datamined and i havent played many pots with him but ive been pretty aggro at the table, hell almost always 3bet kq or aq here and i dont think he raises flop with many bad queens or even kq/aq too often. The flop can easily give him two pair, J10 is in his range, he coulda cold called pf with 9s or 8s as well, on top of all this, there r no good draws to bluff with as all combo draws r gonna be pair+gutter which have good SD value AND this board could easily have hit me hard, so i like dumping this hand without a specific read, with one that hes playing back or overplaying tp, i def 3bet as there r too many ugly cards which can come. I dont like thinking in terms of "its heads up" or "u have an overpair against an aggressive opponent" but rather what he could have. Im pretty confident that i shoulda folded flop but i wanted to c if others felt the same (i doubt they will) and wanted to c y. Also wanted to maybe get some general opinions on playing these kinds of hands oop against decent opponents (tptk, vulnerable overpairs etc.)