View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That came by a little quicker than I thought. I am now officially a member of the 500# deadlift club.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll be the first to say congrats. People, this is just over 5 plates.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, that is pretty sick...congrats...

[/ QUOTE ]TY both. I don't know when I'll get to 600, and I WILL get there, but when I do I kinda wanna make a video of it. I think the coolest thing about getting to 600 is that my regular workout at that point would include REPPING 500, which would be just straight BA IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
can you go into detail on your deadlift progression from, say 400 all the way to 500. What weights and reps were you doing and how often and by how much were you adding weight?

[/ QUOTE ]You're not going to like this, but I'm not exactly a "details" lifter. I'm really into lifting because it feels good, and that turns me into a "feel" lifter, if you will. I've got enough lifting experience that I can pretty quickly ascertain (and I mean before I even touch the weights often times) what kind of day I'm going to have, whether it be big reps until my heart feels like its gonna explode, or a big #'s day where I'm just throwing up everything I got.

I stuck to a pretty strict routine for about 2 months, and at the end of it (a month ago) I just realized that I could get up around 470ish, and I dropped it at that until yesterday when I decided to give it a go.

I wish I had more for you, but I don't make a schedule or keep records anymore. My legs day is something like this:

Squat
DL
Leg Press
Lunges (12-15 reps)
Curls (3 sets, 1 minute rest, 12-15, then one drop set to absolute failure)
Extensions (same as above)
2 calves

I never really know which of the 2 first ones I'm doing first, or what kind of breakdown each will have. The only thing that is constant week to week, my gym's weights are on the second floor and I have a very hard time walking down them. Legs shaking, utter failure/pump on both sides. As long as I get there, I don't care how I do it. That's kind of my philosophy every time I walk in the gym, and it serves me well. Its the only way to keep lifting fun for me. If I want to hit 600, I may have to get more disciplines, who knows.