View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: What don\'t you get ? It does not take a genius.

[ QUOTE ]
i personally dont ever see any pokerstars ads anywhere besides on commercials during poker events on tv, and at poker sites online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see poker ads in a lot of different programming. Lots of sports programming for example.

[ QUOTE ]

PLEASE GIVE ME #'s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea.

[ QUOTE ]
You basically start from the conclusion that stars is giving you a great deal, and dont offer any PROOF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't start or finish with the idea that Stars gives me a 'great' deal because I don't think they do.
I think the deal is 'okay' after tacking on FPP and milestone benefits as well as my perception that their security is probably better than elsewhere and also how much I like their software.

Would I like it if they lowered the rake or had none at all?
Sure. that would be awesome.
But I'm practical about it and understand they won't do that and I also understand why.

It's a real stretch to think that a 30% reduction of rake will not hurt their revenues at all. I believe that anyone who thinks this and honestly thinks that so many people care so much about the pennies at a time that Stars is taking probably don't have a very good grip on reality.

It's pretty easy to tell that most people don't care about the rake and wouldn't go running from one site to another just because they started bragging about their wonderful war on the competition's rake.
To think that thousands of people would go running for this is silly.

That is not the same as saying I wouldn't love to see it. Sure. Give me lower rake or no rake at all. I won't complain.
But most players won't care.