View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
bonds, I think run a clean program is number 1. That is one of the things I give Carr credit for. I would much rather lose doing things right, then win by cheating. However, that really isn't a choice you should have to make at Michigan, with all our advantages, especially in recruiting.

Not on your list, but I'd like to see a coach with some background in special teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right about running a clean program, but what does that mean - no NCAA violations? No player arrests? No Miami-FIU brawls? No strippers on recruiting trips?

Is it enough that the coach's integrity is unquestionable, even if some of the players go astray, kids being kids?

And how much weight, if any do you give to the whispers? I mean, Miles hasn't (to the best of my knowledge) ever been sanctioned or even investigated by the NCAA, but you read crazy stuff on the internet that says he's a bit shady.

I don't expect you or anyone to have answers, but Martin's going to have to think about that stuff before committing millions.

And on the subject of special teams, I'd be happy if the new guy just put a little emphasis on it. Maybe had a special teams assistant. You can only do so much as the head guy, so I don't care if he's got experience as long as he makes it a priority.