View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mike caro said that you can take the best tournament player and someone ranked at 150, put them on the same table of a tournament everyday and the difference between the two would take maybe 2 years to show up in the results.

i am not player hating on anyone and i never will. my beef with shannon is that he wants to call something that spoiled him early.......a stupid game.........and then when things get a little tough, he wants to quit.

now he says he has more money than he knows what to do with? gee, life is sweet, eh shannon?

i really wish i knew what that feeling is like. when my poker playing doesnt go well, my over all financial situation follows suit.

and now i got to hear it from some spoiled whiner who in my eyes, has a great life and nothing to complain about. a good portion of any of his failures in this game are his own undoing too.

shannon, i am striving to get to where you are at. i was on my way once and then stumbled HARD. i know about loss. my life has been a living hell because of this game.......but i am not going to quit.......EVER. please dont call this game stupid. you have no right in my eyes. its like a slap in my face. you dont know what its like to really suffer.

you guys who sympathize with shannon are a bunch of saps and you probably have no clue to the self accountability and burdens of "having to win".

[/ QUOTE ]

So in your downswing you never called the game stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

A truly smart person would understand that their short term results (+1.8 million in a short period of time) is unsustainable long term, and would be somewhat cognizant of their overall EV in the game. Complaining when the going gets tough shows a pretty big lack of understanding of mathematical reality. I don't understand all the jock sniffing that goes on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does venting your frustration about how you have been running show a lack of mathematical understanding?

Poker players wear jockstraps? So that's what I've been doing wrong.