View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Moving Up In Stakes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming your graph is entirely from the $16s, you seem to have some sort of massive leaks causing huge variance. I could be wrong but you seem to have very common massive downswing spikes for huge amounts of money. Even in the beginning when you were winning big you had large drop offs. I don't think most good ROI players have such huge variations in winnings over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 16s in the beginning, then about half 16s and half 27s, running about 8%. Then I moved back to the 16s, then finally to the 6.50s.

Everyone likes to talk about leaks, tilt, whatever. No one who has ever looked at my HHs has ever identified any massive, or even substantial leaks, just a few minor things, such as limping pocket pairs early, which I changed, then watched my results plummet even further.

If I'm pushing from the SB with +5% EV against any reasonable range, I don't see how tilt could affect that decision either way. Once the chips are in the middle, neither tilt, leaks, or skill can affect the outcome.

But let's humor the arrogant jerks and assume that I do have massive leaks, or, in other words, I'm a terrible fish. Why didn't my graph start out moving steadily downward? Why does it move up, then nose dive, then steadily move up before taking another nosedive? What kind of leak causes someone to win steadily for a few days, then lose almost every all-in for days? What kind of skill set should I learn to prevent losing those all-ins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop at game 3950 obv.